The V body shape is often referred to as an inverted triangle. The shoulders are noticeably broader than the hips. As she generally has stronger shoulders down to slimmer hips and legs, she may often have an athletic frame.
- Wider shoulders, narrower hips
- She may have a big bust
- Little to no defined waist
- Hips look straight, slim thighs
- Tend to have a flatter bum
To visually create a balanced silhouette, the goal is to add curves to the lower body while minimizing the appearance of broader shoulders, chest and back.
- Avoid clothes that emphasizes the shoulders: puff sleeves, shoulder pads, embellishments on the shoulder area
- Wear v neck or scoop necklines to elongate the neck
- Wear clothing that are tailored at the waist
- Add volume, details or horizontal stripes to visually widen the hips
- Choose tops that flares out from the waist