The O body shape, also known as an apple shape, is characterized by having a rounded, fuller midsection compared to the rest of the body.
- The midsection tend to be wider than the hips and shoulders
- Small to large bust
- Narrow hips
- Tend to have slim and long legs
- Typically gains weight at the tummy
As the waist is the widest part of the body, the goal is to de-emphasize the midsection and draw attention to the face and legs.
- Opt for wider, open necklines such as v necks, scoop, square, sweetheart, etc.
- Choose tops and dresses with an empire waistline
- Wear fabrics that drape, not cling
- Keep details above the bustline and below the hips
- Play with dense prints to disguise the tummy
- Avoid belts and excessive fabric around the midsection