The H shape is often referred to as a rectangle or a brick body shape. The shoulders, waist and hips are all similar in width. The body frame is wider than the I body shape.
- Minimal to no waist definition
- Shoulders and hips are approximately the same width
- Straight hips and bottom
- Typically gains weight evenly throughout the whole body
Because the upper and lower parts of the body are well balanced, the goal is to create an illusion of a waist.
- Wear empire waistlines that hug the narrowest part of your torso
- Look for clothes that adds volume above the bust and below the knees
- Wear fabrics that drapes over the body
- Invest in structured, tailored tops and jackets, clothes with darts and seams add shape to your figure
- Play with prints and patterns around the torso to draw attention away from the tummy
- Avoid shapeless clothing that is too loose or boxy as it will make the figure look more rectangular